In late 2014, the Assistant Minister for Planning (now the Minister for Planning), the Hon. Rob Stokes, appointed former Treasury Secretary Michael Lambert to conduct a broad review to examine certification and its application in the wider building industry.
The review’s broad terms of reference gave Mr Lambert the ability to:
- assess the validity and efficacy of the current Act
- examine building and subdivision certification and its application in the wider building industry
- make recommendations for reform.
- Announcement: Strengthening Certification in NSW - includes final report, Government response and cost benefit analysis
- Draft report
- Draft report submissions: public exhibition 21 August - 21 September 2015
- Discussion Paper May 2015 which preceded the draft report
- Discussion Paper submissions: public exhibition 4 May - 12 June 2015
- Terms of reference for the Building Professionals Act Review